Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Almost time to leave

Well, it is finally upon us. Today is Wednesday and we leave on Monday. We have our last home study update tonight at 7:00pm. That adds a certain level of stress. We've made space for our boys in the house. There is room in their closet, there is room for toys. I have the paperwork to register them in school. I have completed the last, hopefully of the paperwork, its being notorized today. Plane tickets are purchased. Arrangements are made for the kids at home, while we are away. I am ready to send what I believe will be the last check to the agency, just waiting for confirmation of the number of days we can stay at the agency's house.

Things that it is much to late to stress about: learning Amharic, cooking Ethiopian food. These obviously would be great things, but it is too late in the game to make a huge impact. I have my local Ethiopian helper/friends lined up, and there is a good Ethiopian restaurant in Dallas. I'll have to perfect these two items later.

Of course, I haven't started packing yet. I haven't purchased gifts for the boys or the staff members at the agency. I haven't purchased clothing for the boys yet either, I've thought about purchasing all of their clothing in Ethiopia to support the economy. I also thought that it might be something that would be "fun" to do together. Okay, I know that my boy at home would not find this fun, but I'm thinking this might be fun for them. I just want to get things for them that fit and that they like.

So, as the time gets closer, people keep asking if I am excited. I don't have a good word to describe the emotion accurately. Excited is not the word, I think "ready" is the best description. I want to go and get them and then get home and get started on our new life together. So, in this moment, I just focus on getting everything ready as much as possible. Clearing my work schedule for when I get back. Having everything in place for when I get back. So, instead of excited, the word is "preparing". What else can I do in this moment to assist with the transition down the line.

That's my word for today, knowing that everything is in perfect Divine order.

No comments: